“Company” ‘The Beautiful Tent Company’.
“Delivery Date”, “Deposit (if any)”, “Equipment”, “Client”, “Price”, “Site” and “Use Period” shall have the meanings as set out in the Quotation.
“Period of Hire” means the period from the Delivery Date until the equipment has been dismantled and removed from the Site.
“Quotation” means the offer sent either by email or letter by the Company to the Client.
“Hire Goods” covers all equipment hired by the Client as illustrated in the Quotation.
These conditions shall apply to all orders and contracts for the supply of Equipment in the UK by the Company or its agents and if there are any qualifications or variations in these conditions it is important for the avoidance of doubt that such variations should be in writing. All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Client to hire goods in accordance with these conditions, the Code and the Quotation.
The Company undertakes
1. to deliver the Equipment on the Delivery Date and to proceed to erect it for use on or before the commencement of the Use Period, except if the Equipment is chairs, tables or other furniture and limits the Company’s obligation to delivery only.
2. to dismantle and remove the Equipment from the Site as soon as is reasonably practicable after the Use Period. However, in cases of severe weather we retain the right to leave the structures or tents standing until dry enough to dismantle.
The Client undertakes
1. to follow the booking procedure and payment terms.
2. to pay interest on all monies outstanding 7 days after the date for payment both before and after judgement at a rate of 10% per annum above the base rate of HSBC bank from time of event.
3. to provide the Company a reasonable period of time before the Delivery Date with an accurate measured plan of the Site showing all relevant services and any apparent obstacles, above and below ground including water pipes, which may affect the erection of the Equipment and the position on the Site in which the Equipment is to be erected and to advise the Company of any alterations in the Site of which it is aware that may take place after the date that the plan is provided. The Company will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies on the part of the Client in this matter.
4. to provide the Company with a suitable, firm, grassed or clean concrete site on which to erect the tent(s). Any costs incurred making good a site will be incurred by the Client.
5. to give notice or to obtain any necessary permits, including parking permits from local authorities and/or the Site owners prior to the erection date. Any charges sustained through lack of these permits will be passed directly to the Client.
6. if any part of the Equipment includes electrical apparatus, to provide such power points or supply as may be reasonably required by the Company within 15 metres of the Equipment.
7. not to enter or interfere with the Equipment while it is being erected by the Company, and to communicate this condition in particular to children or guests and other contractors on site.
8. to keep any part of the Equipment that is a framed structure or a tent completely closed and secure and in particular any door in place and fastened when not in use.
9. during the Period of Hire to be responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of the Equipment and to reimburse the Company for any loss occasioned thereto (fair wear and tear excepted).
10. not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous consent in writing of the Company.
11. not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend from the Equipment any item whatsoever without the Company’s prior written consent.
12. to report any defects or faults with the Equipment supplied within 24 hours of delivery. The Client shall not be entitled to deduct or offset any sums from money owed to the Company without the agreement of the Company.
13. to pay for the rental of the Hire Goods up to and including the date it notifies the Company that the Hire Goods have been lost, stolen and/or damaged beyond economic repair. From that date until the Company has replaced such Hire Goods the Client shall pay, as a genuine pre-estimate of lost rental profit, a sum as liquidated damages being equal to two-thirds of the Period of Hire that would have applied for such Hire Goods for that period.
1. The Company will use its best endeavours to supply the Client with the Equipment ordered but, where this is not possible, the Company will either substitute similar Equipment after notifying the Client or offer to terminate the agreement.
2. The Price is based on the assumption that the Client provides a firm and level site of turf (or some other material not impervious to stakes and able to absorb rainwater) and the Company will not be held responsible for any irregularities in the positioning of the Equipment due to this. The Price is also based on the fact that the site is served by a firm access road adjacent to the Site, with adequate hardstanding for commercial vehicles, is free from flooding, trees and overhead obstruction. If this is not the case, or if the Client wishes the Company to erect the Equipment in a different position on the Site from the one indicated by the Client to the Company at the time of the Quotation, and in either event the costs to the Company are subsequently increased by reason of increase in labour costs or any other factor, the Company may increase the price in accordance with the Company’s price list and hourly labour rates then in force.
3. The delivery price is based on current costs of fuel. However, in fuel shortages and increases the Company reserves the right to raise the costs accordingly without prior notice. The Company cannot be held responsible for disruption to delivery resulting from such shortages.
1. The Price does not include making good any repairs to the Site unless caused by the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors which includes damage to underground pipes, which remain the responsibility of the Client.
2. The hire of chairs and tables does not include set up and arrangement.
3. Any installation or dismantling required between 11pm and 6am will attract an overtime surcharge of £30 per hour.
Insurance Damage Deposit
1. In order to protect both the Client and the Company, all Equipment hired from The Beautiful Tent Company is insured against fire, theft, loss and damage whilst it is on Site and under the responsibility of the Client.
2. The Damage Deposit is used to cover the Insurance excess in the case of a claim needing to be brought.
3. In any case a 5% deduction of the overall hire cost will be made at the time of Damage Deposit refund to cover the contribution to this insurance. Special arrangements may be made if the Client already has, or makes provision for, insurance to cover all Equipment hired by the Company, providing a copy of the Insurance cover before the Use Period commences.
4. The Client is responsible for putting into place adequate additional measures to secure the tent in extreme cases of high winds and storms, and is obliged to notify a member of The Beautiful Tent Company in the first instance.
5. Please note that tents are subject to the ban on Smoking.
Cancellation and Postponement
1. Should the Client cancel or make any cancellation or postponement to the Contract within 90 days of the event, 50% of the deposit may be carried forward to use for another event. With cancellations up to 14 days of the installation of the Equipment for the Period of Hire, for whatever reason whatsoever, the compensation will be the Price.
2. If the Client cancels pursuant to the preceding clause and the Company is able to re-let the Equipment, then the Client shall not pay the full cancellation charge but an administration charge based on the costs incurred by us in re-letting the Equipment, which in any event shall not exceed 20% of the Price.
3. Equipment can be altered and amended up to 45 days prior to the Period of Hire, after which any reductions must be paid for.
Exclusion of Liability
1. The Company will make every effort to complete the erection of the Equipment on or before the commencement of the User Period, provided that the Client has complied with the undertakings set out above. If the Equipment is not erected before the commencement of the Use Period, the Client shall have the right to withdraw and the Company shall return all monies paid. If the Equipment is not erected because of delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the Company shall not be liable to pay further compensation to the Client.
2. The Company will take all reasonable care to avoid any damage to the Client’s and other suppliers’ equipment, property or land but cannot be responsible for any loss suffered by the Client or suppliers in respect thereof.
3. The Company cannot be held responsible for adverse weather conditions or any situation arising from penetration of any water through the tent exterior following rainfall.
Booking Procedure and Payment Terms
1. A 20% deposit with a written order is required to confirm a booking.
2. Confirmation of a booking indicates acceptance of the Terms & Conditions.
3. The balance is due upon the day of delivery.
Accepted by the Client: ……………………………………………………….
For Event on: …………………………………………………………………
Please sign and return with payment to: The Beautiful Tent Company, 16 Barton Close, Exton, Exeter. EX3 0PE.